Ads 468x60px

Jan 11, 2012

Visit to Reagh's orphanage

Today we got the chance to visit Reagh’s orphanage. It took about 2 hours to get there so it gave us the chance to see how Reagh would be in a car......let’s just say we need some work before heading to the IWK...lol We got to see Reagh’s room and his crib that he was in for the first year of his life. The babies were all sleeping when we got there but by the noise of Reagh’s home coming a few of the children woke up. TJ feel in love with a little boy.....might just get him convinced to do this all over again...lol We could have taken them all home but were glad to hear that most have been placed with families. We did meet a little girl of the age of 3 that came running into the room calling me ma ma thinking I was her mom. She’s waiting for her parents to come and get here and though we might have been them. She wanted to go with us so badly that she kept taking my hand and wanting to leave. Then nannies had to explain that I was Reagh’s mom and that her mom was coming after the Chinese New Year. She wasn’t impressed but still followed us the whole visit holding my hand. Our guide took us around town so we could see where he was from. I liked this city the best, as it seemed more like a place that TJ I would live. Reagh fell asleep the way home after we stopped at a local hotel to get some hot water. I’m still not use to the toilets here. They aren’t the same as ours back home, but either way they do when needed. We went to the mall connected to the hotel to get a bit at the food court. Everyone was coming over to see Reagh. I happened not to put his winter coat back on as it was warm in the mall but the local woman were upset at him and one told me so...lol Let’s just say that I will never leave this room without his winter coat on. No need of the fashion police coming at us. The weather here is like our fall and everyone is in down filled jackets and wonder why TJ and I are just in tshirts and light jackets. We get many people shaking their heads at us but laughing at the same time. One older man just shook like he was cold looking at me. He had to turn his back to me as he got cold looking at me...lol Reagh is doing very well with us. We love him more each and every day. We are still learning how to prepare to leave the room with going out with him. As first time parents I think we are doing just fine. TJ can’t believe that how well prepared I was with my packing. I think now he realizes how hard it was for me to make sure we weren’t over weight in our luggage with all of it. Tomorrow we are going to the Panda zoo that also has Tigers. We can’t wait! We heard that the one of the mother Panda’s had a baby just last year. We will try to get some pictures up of our trip as well. I hope all is well with everyone back home. We are still reading all the comments and emails. I wish we could write everyone back by with this little guy he takes up most of our time. I have included some pictures of our visit today. I have one of where Reagh was found at the gate, the orphanage, Reagh with his nannies and the little girl that wanted to come home with us.





7 comments:

Carolyn said...

So great that you were able to go and see where your wee man lived- he will really appreciate all the pictures as he gets older. You guys look like you are doing great!


Carolyn

Anna said...

How wonderful that you were able to visit his orphanage. The picture of the three of you is beautiful!

Cath said...

Love all the photos! He looks so content with you both. I loved the part about the ladies in the mall. Reminds me of in Kaz and kids needing hats all the time. LOL. Too Funny! Keep posting, we love reading and seeing all the pics you're posting. What kinds of things are you eating? Whats diferent about the washrooms?
Catherine

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

I love your family photo. Beautiful family. So great to hear you are all doing well.
Jill

srbcain1 said...

So glad You all got to go see the Orphange...and see where Reagh has lived for the past year!! And meet the wonderful people who work there!!

It is Fantastic to see picture of all 3 of You together!!

Enjoy Your time, before You know You will be back home and Missing there..
xoxo

The Drinkwaters said...

I am glad you were able to visit the orphanage. Hopefully they allowed you to take some pictures inside so Reagh will be able to see where he spent the first part of his life.

We too, received some words from the "clothing police", ours was in May though with 40 degree weather!

Hoping Reagh sleeps in a little later tomorrow morning for you!

Sharla said...

I can't tell you how happy it makes me to see the pictures of the three of you together!!! The family that was meant to be...

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers