Ads 468x60px

Jan 17, 2012

Pearl Market and Silk Factory

Reagh woke up every 2 hours last night so TJ decided to stay back at the hotel with him so he could rest up. They are both still sick so it was best for them to just relax for the day.


We went to the silk market first and it was so interesting to see the way they make the silk from the cocoons. there's a lot of thread in one of them. I have attached a few pictures of the machines that make the thread and one of the wall hangings they had. They also had so many silk outfits that were amazing. There was so much to choose from and we had very little time. I got Reagh a sign with his name in Calligraphy to hang by his bed.


We then got rushed off to the pearl market that was just above the market to barter at. There were so many pieces that I could have gotten so many to take home but I decided to keep my money for the shops below.


I got Reagh two outfits for the Chinese New year. They are so cute! I didn't haggle them so well at first but as the day went on I became a pro. I had one lady get so upset with me over a purse that she threw her calculator across the area she was in and told me how stupid I was...I couldn't stop by laugh. I just walked away and got the same thing from another worker just down a few shops. There were so many knock off purses that I could have taken so many home. If I have time before we leave I might sneak back to get another one...lol As I was looking for something for TJ I had a worker try to get me to stop and look in her shop by grabbing onto my arm. I dragged her about 15 feet before she finally let go and got the hint. Mind you I was laughing the whole time while she kept calling me her friends and she had a great price just for me....lol There wasn't much for TJ there as you can imagine the size difference. All he wants is slippers and it seems they are even hard to find. Oh well. We ended up having to leave just as things were getting on a roll of bartering. I was just getting so good at it.


We went to supper with another family and their children. We had a great meal with great new friends. It's nice to have such a great couple to spend some down time with. They have been so good to us with figuring out what to feed Reagh. Their little boy didn't want half of the food they took so they handed it over to us for Reagh. Now our little piglet Loves everything you put in front of him. He's grown so much since we got him. his little belly is now starting to round out a little. I think he didn't get much where he was from so he's now just wanting to eat everything in sight.


Reagh is such a delight. It's hard to believe that he's only been with us a short time that it feels like he's been with us forever. He's coming more and more out of his shell. He's still daddy's little boy but lately he's been coming to me more and more. I love him so much. I can't imagine my life without him now. As much as he keeps us up at night I would never trade him for anything in the world. ( I might change my mind after only a few hours sleep tonight...lol) I still can't get over how well this guys fits into our lives. I can't wait for everyone to meet him and see just how lucky we are to have him in our lives. I love being his mom. There is nothing more filling then that.


Well I'm off to bed and try to get a few hours in before he wakes us up again. Oh TJ is going to the forbidden city tomorrow but I'm going to stay behind with Reagh. I might sneek in a shopping trip back the market if I can find my way. Wish me luck!





4 comments:

srbcain1 said...

It's so good to hear you are getting to see lots....and shop lots..LOL
I Hope Your boys start to feel better soon. Your count down is on to Your journey home!! Glad to hear Reagh has a Great appetite! He will be growing like a bad weed!! So Great to hear that Not just You two, But how well Reagh is adjusting to Your new life together. Cannot wait to see You all together...enjoy Your next few days...Home misses You All!

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Sounds like you guys are having a great time and enjoying China! shop as much as you can because you'll be wishing you did when you get back here! So glad to hear Reagh is going well with you guys!
Talk soon,
Tammy

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

It's so great to hear about your trip. Hope everyone is feeling better. Hard to have little ones sick when you are away from home.I am sure your families here can't wait to see you too!!!

Smiles

Bellshi said...

Kelly and T.J.:
I am reading your blogs and love hearing all about your journey. He is such a sweet little boy that is for sure and I have the sweetest little lady at home for him seems like he likes his "babes" older...haha. I may not have experience in the adoption process, but I certainly know what it is like to love a child and how their love is so unconditional no matter what :)

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers