Ads 468x60px

Jan 9, 2012

We have him!

It's midnight and it's the first time I had a chance to write. It's been a very long day for all three of us. We started the day off by getting up at 4 am to get our flight for 8:50. Our light that should of took us close to 2 hours became over 3 hours do to the winds. It's seemed that the flight was as long as the one it took us to get to China. Once we got here our guide was waiting for us to get us to the hotel and off to Reagh. The traffic is bad here. Not surprising since there are 8 million people in the city. Either way our guide got us back to the hotel and checked in. We then quickly got our passports and were off to get Reagh in just 10 mins. I think we were both in shock over how quickly our lives were about to change. We took one last moment and gave each other a huge hug. I got a little emotional and was chocking back the tears......on came my happy dance. lol We were rushed off to see Reagh at a local govt office building. As soon as I got off the elevator I could hear a baby cry and my heart just melt. I had to stop for a moment as I could no longer keep the tears coming....as I knew just around the corner our son was waiting for us. I looked at TJ and he has a smile from ear to ear. We peeked around the corner and the head nanny had him in his arms. He was laughing and playing with her. I think he was a little confused to why the other boy was so upset. Once we reached him it was just a few mins later they handed Reagh to me for the first time. I can't even tell you how it felt but pure joy. My tears were coming down as Reagh looked at me. He was nervous at first and tried to go back to his Nanny. He was slapping his hands but soon as I kissed his hand he laughed. We then made it a big game and he then didn't want to leave me. He's very light and has a bit of a cold, but other then that he's PERFECT! We had to sign some papers then we took a few pictures and were off to the hotel. He was so good with us the whole evening till he had to let us know he was a bit hungry. After we changed and fed him he as happy and laughing all over again. He's unable to walk yet and his sitting is not the greatest either. He loves loves loves his toys. We had him on the bed for a while with us and he played with them and wanting TJ to get his toy after he would throw it away each time. It was a funny game for him to she his Daddy pick it up each time. His laugh is so cute. I swear he was biologically Tj's son. They have the same laugh....it's so funny. He was so easy to go to bed and was okay of being there playing with is toy looking at us to make sure we were still there. He's fast a sleep right now while TJ can't seem to take his yes off "his boy". I love the look on his face while he watches our son. I think I have fallen deeper in love with this man. My boys are keeper for sure! lol well I'm going to try to get back to sleep we have a long day ahead of us tomorrow to fill out paper work. We are hoping later in the week to go to the orphanage but it seems that it might be took long of a drive. The head Nanny is hoping that we will come so she can show us the facility.


That's all for now. Here are a few pictures that TJ took. He couldn't get the family shot up of us as it was on our video recorder. I'll try to get another one today on our camera to show us as a family. Hope all is well back home.
Kelly


24 comments:

BCMommy said...

Yay! Finally, you are together!!!!

I am so happy for you, Kelly! He is adorable! Keep those photos coming!!!

So wonderful!

Claire

New Moon Mom said...

I'm so happy for you, TJ, and Reagh. I just finished reading your post for today and I'm bawling like a baby. I try to read it aloud to Kenny and can't get through a sentence without breaking down. I'm smiling and crying like a fool here. Then, when I thought I was at the end I saw the pictures. Wow!! You look amazing with Reagh in your arms Mommy!! So happy to know that things are going smoothly for you all.

Isabelle Boudreau said...

Congrats!! He is a cutie!! So happy for you!! Finally!!

Joy said...

What a delightful post - congratulations!

Deanna said...

He is adorable! I love seeing him in your arms! Congratulations!!!

Vicky said...

So happy to read this at last :) Congratulations to the whole family !!

srbcain1 said...

OMG I sitting here, bawling my head off....just SO Beyond joyed for You my friend...all of You!! I cannot wait to hear all about in person! Congratulations on finally getting the whole family together. Enjoy Your time together and all those new wonderful moments!!!

Home Misses All of You...

Take care,

Shelley

srbcain1 said...

OMG I sitting here, bawling my head off....just SO Beyond joyed for You my friend...all of You!! I cannot wait to hear all about in person! Congratulations on finally getting the whole family together. Enjoy Your time together and all those new wonderful moments!!!

Home Misses All of You...

Take care,

Shelley

Anonymous said...

I have been reading your blog for a long time...and when I read this one...I started crying! I am soooo happy for you...I don't know you personally nor do I the stuggles of adoption first hand but I am a mother and I know you will be an amzing mother to your precious son!
Sending you love

Anonymous said...

Congratulations!!!!He is absolutely beautiful and your perfect little boy! So happy for your family.
Allison

The Drinkwaters said...

YAHOO! So happy to see you all together as a family of THREE!

Anna said...

He's adorable! What a journey for you guys. CONGRATULAIONS!!!

The Turgeon Expansion said...

Congratulations mom and dad!!! Soak up every moment, you deserve it as a family!

Rhonda

Tasha said...

Congratulations!!!! I have followed your blog for a while. As I was originally from Imagine and after the bankruptcy we moved forward with China's waiting child program to bring home our son The joy of our lives (he was age 4 at the time), in April 2010. I am thrilled for your family! Remember to try to take some video! We took some but wish we had more! Those days in China just meld into one, when you are home! Enjoy finally being together as a family!
From Tasha A.

ChristyCanuck said...

Reagh is absolutely adorable!! What a beautiful boy! So happy you are together and that the transition is going well!

I have been stalking your blog for two days waiting to see these pictures!

Hi from Ruth! said...

Oh congratulations guys!!!! He's just beautiful and the fulfillment of so many dreams. Have an incredible time getting to know each other - it's just awesome.

I sooo hope you get to travel to his orphanage, despite the distance. Having made that journey myself seven months ago (14-15 hours of driving and an overnight in a place with no eletricity/toilets/food/etc), I can honestly say it was one of the best decisions we made. The stories and the pictures you will gain will be an incredible gift to your son someday...a piece of his history.

ANyway, I hope it works out.

Have a WONDERFUL rest of the trip, and many many blessings on your whole family!!

Ruth

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

I should not have read this at my office. Oh Kelly. I am soooo happy for you guys. You describe the excitement of meeting your son so well , it's like we are all there with you. Congrats on your beautiful family. That picture of the two of you is has been a LONG time waiting, but oh, what a gorgeous picture!!!
Thinking of you all!

Jill

andrea said...

Congratulations!! A

Chris, Tammy and the gang! said...

Absolutely precious! I was emotional reading this! I remember those feelings like it was yesterday! So very happy for you guys!!!
Tammy

Cath said...

FINALLY! *sigh* ALL IS WELL!
It is so wonderful to see him in your arms and hear how your first meetings were. It sure sounds like he was just as as excited to meet you as you were to meet him. :) I am so so so excited for you!!! Mote posts and pics when you get a chance, love seeing him with you!
Catherine

Lynn and Dave said...

Hi guys,
Wow. Saying that we're happy for you doesn't seem big enough. Can't wait to see you all together!
Lynn and Dave

Dianne said...

Congratulations! I'm so happy for you, that you're all together at last. And oh my goodness, he is such a precious boy! Enjoy getting to know each other, and learning all the ways to bring out his sweet laugh.

Anonymous said...

sooooooo happy to see this!! crying tears of joy for you!

Sarah

J Brant said...

Congrats... reading this brought back so many of the memories of our experience just over a year ago... that rush of emotion, the blur of the moment that you try to slow down... the immediate connection, the amazing moment when you fall deeply in love all over again when you look at your husband and see "that look on their face". aaaaammmmmaaaazzzzing!

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers