Ads 468x60px

Jan 16, 2012

Sick little boy/Great Wall of China

Sorry that this post is coming to you guys so late. We had a very long night last night.


Now yesterday we went to see the great wall. WOW, what a sight! We couldn't take a stroller as it was mainly all steps. Reagh and I stayed behind and just walked around the base. I helped Reagh take a few of the steps so he can officially say he's a man for climbing the wall. The weather was cold, but there was no real wind so it was a great day there. I met a few of the USA families at the base that adopted their children as well. There was another group from Europe that was there as well and they all seemed to tower in height. I was so hoping to see TJ stand by them to see what the difference would be. Though when TJ got down from his hike he told me that there were a few people asking to take his picture due to his height...lol


We also went to the jade museum where we found out there are so many different types of jade. They has so many colors but my favorite was the purple. I got a charm for my necklace that can be passed down in our family as the value only goes up with Jade. I also got Reagh a charm for when he's older of his zodiac sign in Chinese....he's the tiger! The sales lady said that most fathers like the tiger or the dragon year to have son's as it's the most powerful and one of honor. She also told me that tiger babies are stubborn just as Reagh had enough of the shopping...lol


After that we went for lunch above the porcelain market. They do everything there by hand right in front of you. It was amazing to see. We got a few trinkets to take back home. Though the lunch that was served upstairs was so good. I could have chowed down on that for the rest of the trip. While were were there we ran into Reagh's friend from his orphanage and they waved at each other. I wish that I had our camera on me at the time. We have their email so we hope to keep in touch with pictures for the boys to see as they get older.


As we drove back to the hotel we got to see the birds nest and the cube, but we were all so tired that no one wanted to stop so we just did the old drive by. The babies all seemed to do very well on this trip, even Reagh was making the moves on a older little girl behind him. If he's so into the girls now, what is he going to be like when he's 16????? I'm going to have to beat them all off...lol


After that we stopped in to see the family that is from NS to see how they were doing. It was so nice to just relax and hang out. I think it was one of our better nights. Reagh was loving the kids to play with. We diffidently need to get him into some play groups when we get home. He's full of energy that needs to be burned off for sure!


Now we didnt' get much sleep due to Reagh's chest cold. He ended up waking up every hour on the hour....very upset. We ran on fumes last night for sure. I took my turn at getting up and was so tired that I fell twice trying to get to his crib. My poor little legs were like jello. I woke up TJ in a panic that something happened to me. As I popped up and told him I'm Ok...lol ( a youtube moment for sure) So we didn't go to the tour today due to lack of sleep. After breakfast I let TJ have few hours to himself to get caught up on sleep while I took Reagh to the local market to find an outfit for him. After lunch we put Reagh down so I could have a nap for a few hours. WOW did I need it. We went for supper tonight at a local restaurant...it was ok but not my favorite so far. Our guide asked us if we wanted to try Dog and I nearly gagged myself when she asked. All I could think about is my poor little fur babies back home. The whole group decided against it...lol


Well Reagh is now bathed and off to bed so I will be off to do the same now. We are off to the silk market tomorrow for something to do. We are getting really bored of the hotel. We miss everyone back home and especially our bed. lol Oh I have attached a few photo's of our day. We also got one shot of a worker that we walk by our hotel every day and have yet to see him awake...lol He has a little jade shop just before the elevators and this is what we see every meal time...lol


Night and good morning,


Kelly







5 comments:

BCMommy said...

It's so nice that they take you around as a group! I wish MoT would do that with us. It must be nice to have others around to share the experience. The photos are great! I can't believe that dude sleeps all day! Ha ha ha!!!

Love the Great Wall pics. And I'd be saying no to eating dog, too. Uck!

Claire

srbcain1 said...

Wow, I hope You, I mean Tj took lots of pictures!! And I really always knew He was the freak out of all of Us, but the fact that people wanted to take his picture, proves it! LOL Glad to hear You are getting to do some shopping..I know how You love to do that!!

I really hope Reagh is feeling better soon and glad to hear You got some sleep! And I know You are just Loving Every Minute of it All!!! But at least being sleep deprieved is starting early, and you can get used to it because it does not end, just the older They get, the reasons for it change! LOL

Count down is, and I cannot WAIT to see all of You! I am okay to admit, I really am missing You my friend...although my other half tells Me, You will no longer have time for Me...kinda mean I thought! LOL

Enjoy the last of Your time, take it easy...and SEE YOU SOON!! xoxo

Carolyn said...

Sounds like you are having great adventures! Can't wait to see you on Friday!


Carolyn

Anonymous said...

I used to work at the same place as TJ and I started following your guys' blog when the story about the agency's bankruptcy was on the Guardian.

It's been about six months since I popped in to see how things are going, and my heart almost burst today when I saw that you guys have been so lucky to find such a beautiful little boy. I am incredibly happy for you, and wish to express my heartiest congratulations.

darci said...

Awesome!! S so happy you are home together!

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers