Ads 468x60px

Jan 24, 2008

Why International and not locally???

I'm not sure if all of you are as sick as we are for answering why we have chosen to do international over locally. I know that it's a lack of knowledge on their part and I shouldn't let it get to me. It's just hard not saying what you would really like to answer. I understand that adoption isn't for everyone. I respect their decision, so why don't others respect ours. I don't think that we would be asked why we are adopting if it was locally. Why does it matter where the child came from, but rather that we are taking a child in to our lives. It's not my fault that to adopt from our own country is too hard. Why should I have to wait 8 years to be a mother. Not to mention the last 4 1/2 years that I've already waited. I just want to be a mom and adopting internationally is going to make that happen for me.

I'm glad that we have the support of our family and friends to help us along the way to our children. It helps knowing that there's someone in our corner when we feel that the world is against you. Thanks for being there for us.

1 comment:

Deanna said...

We used to get that question a lot too. It gets tiring sometimes tying to explain the ins and outs of adopting and why you are adopting. But I guess people just don't know much about it unless they are going to adopt themselves.

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers