Ads 468x60px

Jan 21, 2008

Wondering about siblings now...

We had wondered about adopting siblings but we were unsure of the extra cost. Let alone if there are standards we have to meet, so we have put it on the back burner till now. I called Kids Link to see what the cost would be and if there were any standards that we had to meet. I guess it looks like we are okay to adopt siblings as long as our province approves it. I'm not sure what they look for when adopting siblings but hope to find out soon. I have left word that I would like to speak to someone about it, but the government is always so slow getting back to you.

When I spoke to TJ this morning about the cost to my surprise he said that we should go for it. I was so over joyed that he was on board with idea. We are so lucky that we have a huge support from family and friends to help us out. My mother has offered to look after our children half days so they don't have to be in day care for the full day. As many of you know that day care is a huge cost for a family. So I feel very lucky that we are going to have her help. My bestfriend has always told me that he would get our crib for our child. Lucky for us he's parents have lots of kid toys and play pens that they used for his sister's children that just out grown them.

I feel that we are on our way to having the family that we always wanted. I get choked up just thinking about our future. It's been a long journey to making this happen. TJ has said to me that he's just so happy to be moving forward and I would have to say that I feel the same. We have both have felt so stuck for so long that it feel like a huge relief off our shoulders to be getting off the infertility ride and move on with our lives. I can't wait for what the future holds for us.

No comments:

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers