Ads 468x60px

Jan 19, 2008

We meet our Social worker today.

I was surprised that I wasn't nervous as I thought I would have been. As the meeting went on we discussed the usual stuff as how old are you , when were you married, and where do you work...yadda yadda yadda. She then went on to explain the different types of adoption and the positives and negatives of each. One thing that did surprise me is that she said that 50% of the cases she worked on the birthmother decided to keep the baby. That is too high for me. I could not imagine that we would finally be parents to only then loose the baby in the end. I wouldn't be able to handle it. I think that is why I have been drawn to International adoption. We were left to do some homework for her before we can book our next appointment. The basic things an outline of questions of who we are as individuals and about our marriage. Some police checks, reffernce letters and photocopys of our birth certificates that will be passed on to our province for approval. So really nothing major to report just yet, but I will keep you posted.

1 comment:

Lisa, Pierre, Marika,Karelle, Yakim, Tarik and Zavier said...

We have two daughters from Ethiopia and the journey to them was wonderful !

We hope that you enjoy every minute of this journey to your son and thank you for letting us share it with you !

Looking forward to meeting you both in person someday !

Lisa

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers