Ads 468x60px

Apr 23, 2009

What a night!

TJ and I rushed to the airport this evening to see Jill, Trevor and Aliah come home from Ethiopia. It was a memorable event! I don’t think you could wipe the smile off of their faces as they arrived through the gate. I looked around in the crowed there were tears of joy in everyone’s eyes. There were lots of hugs and congratulations going around. It was nice to see that so many people wanted to come out to share this moment with Jill and Trevor. Congratulation guys! We are so happy for you guys.


I also have to say that we got to see a picture of Carolyn and Adam's little boy. Let's just say that he will be a heartbreaker when he gets older. Jill and Trevor got to see him when they were in Ethiopia and got to take a few pictures of him to take back to Carolyn and Adam. It's hard to believe how much they grow from picture to picture. I can't wait for the day we welcome Nathan home!

For many months I've been in suck a rut due to all the issues we've had to deal with our process but after tonight I can say that I've let go of the anger. I know we will be parents and it might take us longer to get there then most but either way we will get there.

4 comments:

Carolyn said...

Great post Kelly! It was a great night. It was so wonderful to see the first PEI family come home! I was saying to Adam that we sure have met a great group of people though all this. I am really happy that tonight made you feel a bit more positive about the journey. Can't wait to be at the airport to see you coming home!

Carolyn

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Kelly & TJ

Thanks so much again for being there for us. Your support meant the world to us. I too am so glad of the wonderful friendships we have made through this.
Can't wait till it's your turn..

Jill

K_I_T_ said...

I know how you feel about letting go. I felt that I have been in a negative rut for a while now about the whole adoption process. I appreciate your honesty about it, it makes me feel better that I am not the only one who feels angry about certain things. I want to try to be more positive and it's already making me feel better. That's why I am so focused as well as collecting the shoes for when we go over to E. It's actually been great. I got lots of contacts just thru my blog post, and I didn't even think hardly anyone read my blog!!!!

Sharla said...

Two summers ago when we had just finished our home study so were still in the beginning stages of this adoption, we had the chance to go to the airport to welcome home two girls adopted from E. by a local family and the emotion from that experience has helped me get through some of these long waiting days. It's tangible proof that this does happen. It is such a gift when other families allow us in to their "moment" and give us that hope.

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers