Ads 468x60px

Dec 21, 2009

CBC Interview today

I had received a call last week to do a follow up to our adoption story. We agreed and met this morning to do the interview. I can't tell you how nervous I get when you have a camera in your face asking you personal questions...lol I was happy to have done the interview but always uneasy on how people will react when they see us. I still remember the first interview after the the news of the agency going bankrupt. I couldn't believe how some people could be so cruel to our situation. How they felt like they had the right to judge us without knowing all the facts. It just makes me think of the time of the little old lady coming up to me in Sobey's asking me what was wrong with Canadian kids. Do I want to be Angela Jolie and have a trinket on my arm???? Here I thought when this little sweet looking lady approached me that she would be supportive...man was I wrong. Though in the same breath we have had so many supporters that we didn't even know we had. Without them we might have not been able to get through all of this. Not be mention all of you supporters out there in our cyber world standing by us and helping us along the way. So I just want to say THANK YOU! It's means so much to TJ and I that we have your support.

1 comment:

The Turgeon Expansion said...

You'll have to let us know when your big interview is on! And don't worry about the stranger/bystander comments...they sure could adopt too if they wanted, why must we get criticized for adopting foreign children, when others could just plain adopt too!

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers