Ads 468x60px

Sep 3, 2009

Hoping for good news.

I have gotten word that we should hear some news tomorrow on the proposal on bringing Imagine back to life. I've always thought of myself as someone that could with stand anything that could be thrown my way till July 14/09. Since this day my nervous have been shot. No one really understands how hard this summer has been on us except for those who are going through this with us. I don't feel like I have that lust for life as I once had. Once I had seen 2 babies come home from our agency I got so excited inside that I shared our news of adoption with everyone. You couldn't get the smile off my face as I told the story of us adopting a children from Ethiopia. When I talk about the possibility of our adoption it has great sadness in my heart. Even if we get good news tomorrow I don't think I will every really believe it until someone comes home with their child.

3 comments:

BCMommy said...

Kelly, I totally agree. I feel like if the proposal does go through, the whole process is tainted. There will be no joy when I talk about it...I am too scared something will go wrong to be happy. There will be only hesitation and skepticism and doubt for the rest of the process. I feel so pessimistic about the whole thing really, where I was once like you, beaming as I showed pictures of my friends' babies that had come home and told others how we would soon have a daughter of our own...buying little Ethiopian onesies and a black cabbage patch doll for her to put away. I can't even bring myself to look at them now. I am so sad about the whole thing... I am nervous for tomorrow. i am nervous for the next two years, really...
Wish us luck!
Claire

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

I think of you both so often and pray every night your world will change to bring your child home.

Hugs

Jill

Cath said...

Kelly and T.J
I hope all goes well with the proposal tomorrow and that your journey will continue on once again very soon. I can imagine how you feel but like you said, people really wouldn't understand unless they were in the same position as you right now. I agree. :) I cant wait to hear the news from your next post. Don't keep us waiting too long... :) We will be keeping our fingers crossed and praying that all news comes back positive.

Catherine, Jamey and Oksana

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers