Ads 468x60px

Feb 1, 2009

My Mom's Birthday today!

I took my mom today to brunch to celebrate her birthday. It was just the two of us since TJ is in Vancouver for work. We had a lovely chat but I soon realized that how much this process is affecting her. I guess I have never looked at it from her point of view till today. She asked me today if I have heard anything form the agency towards more of a time line when we will have our children. As I told her that there are many delays and it seems that time lines are getting longer and longer. That basically I had no answers for her. She looked down in her coffee mug and said that it just doens't seem fair. All she wants is to be a grandmother and could only imagine how hard this must be for me. I guess I forgot how much our families are looking forward to the arrival of our children just as much as we are. The waiting for them is just as long as it is for me. I wish that I had words of wisdom to comfort the wait for all of us....I just don't. All I can say that our dream of becoming parents will happen one way or another. I truly believe that.

No comments:

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers