Ads 468x60px

May 4, 2008

Home inspection for Tuesday.

For some reason I'm so nervous of the social worker coming to our house to see it. As most of you know that we are going to be moving next year due to not having enough space for little ones. I'm scared that we will be judged on our home that we have now and that will effect if we have two children or not. Everyone keeps telling me not to worry, but it's hard not to. I guess I'm really starting to let it sink in that we are really adopting. I know that might sound a bit off for some but it was almost like I started this journey with a wall up to protect myself in case we didnt get approved to adopt. As we have had so many blows trying to get pregnant that it's hard to let that wall fully down. Little by little it's coming down with the support we have recieved from family and friends. The excitment that everyone is showing for us is amazing. I couldn't ask for a more supportive bunch to have in our life. I guess now I just have to fall back on them and let them help me get through this process. As the old saying is: Take one day at a time!

2 comments:

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Home is where your heart is Kel...and where your children are too. Just believe in yourself and you'll be fine....you'll see!

Deanna said...

Good luck with your home visit today, I am certain all will go well and you will be finished of your homestudy and ready to go onto the next step.
Deanna

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers