Ads 468x60px

Feb 25, 2008

Guess we can finally start up again with our home study!!!

I thought I would update our social worker today on where we were in getting the items she needed before we can proceed with our home study. I guess we can keep going even though our medicals won;t be there till the end of march. This is great news! I just want to feel that we are moving forward with our adoption. I will feel much better once our home study is done and get the approval of the province. Once that comes I will start to really feel that this is real. It's hard to explain how we feel but it seems that everyone is so far ahead of us in adopting and we are so early on that it still doen't seem real till I can recieve something in writing that says we are....hope someone gets what I'm saying...lol. I'm not sure if I'm just waiting for the floor to drop out under me again. It seemed that I feel that way every month for the last four years that it's hard to let go of that feeling that something is not going to work out. I so want to keep positive and most of the time I am, it just creeps up on me from time to time. Either way I am happy that we are going to continue with our home study. Just brings us one step closer to our children.

2 comments:

Danielle said...

I know exactly how you feel Kelly about being scared to get too excited. I feel the same way, and that nervousness will probably not go away for me until I have my child in my arms. I think we have been through so many disappointments that it's kind of a "protective shield" so to speak.

Deanna said...

That is great that you are able to continue on with your home study.
It won't be long and you'll have everything all sent off to Ethiopia.

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers