Ads 468x60px

Sep 12, 2011

So Upset

As some of you know we decided to switch programs and go with the SN program with China. We knew that there could be a few hiccups along the way but never like this. We informed the CIC department of us changing programs and how to change our Citizenship part one file to be with China now. Well to my surprise it still states Ethiopia as the country of adoption. We've been in contact with the government months ago over this. We even followed up with a few phone calls and emails about it waiting for a letter to be sent to us with the new country on it. After a few weeks of no news TJ called them this morning. The file still states Ethiopia as the country of adoption. I'm so pissed off! They gave him the run around again and said it will take another 30 days to get done. Since we didn't keep a log of all the phone calls and the person we talked to we are out of luck. I'm not going to stand around for this to take 30 days. If they did this the first time we wouldn't have to wait another 30 days. I'm so upset right now that I could kick a can to the moon!

My advice to anyone out there that is thinking to do the same....keep a log of every time you call and whom you talked to.

Kelly

7 comments:

Kim said...

So sorry, I would be furious too! Hoping you can get it figured out soon!

Alicia said...

I was told that if you have a snag with CIC to call your local MLA and they can help. Especially if you need a rush. I plan on using my MLA if mine runs late. Mine is due back next week. I would, for sure, call your MLA.

Kelly said...

So sorry for you! I hope this is figured out sooner then the 30 day time line they gave you.
Sending hugs your way.

Kelly-Ann

Anonymous said...

Hey Kelly,
Contact Sean Casey's office and if he is not able to help call me and I will give you the people at Lawrence McAulay's office in Montague. I needed them when we adopted Sean. They can get it sorted!
Jan

Tasha said...

Hi, We did the same thing and switched from Ethiopia and adopted our son in April 2010 from China's waiting program. They actually got the first part of the paperwork correct. However, in our dealings with CIC we have been beyond frustrated and found they are the worst bureaucratic institution we have ever dealt with.
You need to call your MP's office and have them put pressure on CIC to get your file done properly now. We did this and this is the only was our son has citizenship within a year of being home. All other families we travelled with in April 2010 still do not have their child's citizenship. Good Luck!

BCMommy said...

So awful! I HATE government red-tape bullshit. Get on the phone first thing tomorrow with your MP. Beg and cry until he fixes it for you!
You've come too far for this kind of delay!!!
Claire

Kennedy and Jaida's mom said...

Hi Kelly,
Definitely talk to your MP and there is a lady you can call ( I don't have her number anymore, but Jan might have it..)If you can't get it from Jan, let me know and I'll try to track it down. They are notorious for giving inaccurate information and not getting things done in a timely matter UNTIL MLAs get involved.

I totally understand your feelings. I do, however, think you can get it worked out. Please let us know how it goes...
Carolyn

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers