Ads 468x60px

Nov 6, 2010

Reporters

I got a call last week from a reporter that I could have gone through the phone and slapped him in the face. I was so upset over this phone call that I phone my husband at work in tears. The reporter called and asked if I had adopted a child and I said no. Well he laughed and said well I found your blog on line and seen that you started the process in Dec 2008, and he thought we would have had a baby by now. I was so shocked by his lack of sensitivity that I was lost for words. When I finally could say something, I just told him that adoption take a long time. He then had the nerve to ask me if we would still be getting "one". I just told him that we are still on the waiting list. I then told him that I had to go.

I couldn't believe that someone would laugh over such a sensitive matter like this. I called TJ at work and he was so upset that he wanted to call them back to tell them off. I didn't remember the persons name which I feel was for the best. I can't believe that a so called reporter wouldn't read all the blog before calling.

If there any other reporters out there that come across this blog....read it before calling!

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Sorry about your experience. Some people need to take a sensitivity training class.

Dancin' Momma said...

How did the reporter get your phone number? I know during the bankruptcy you would not believe the reporters we had to deal with, it was crazy.

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers