Ads 468x60px

Aug 24, 2008

Getting scared of not getting siblings.....

I've been reading other blogs and seeing that people are changing request from siblings to a single child. That there has been a huge shortage of siblings in the past year. It's made me scared to think that I might have to change our plans on having 2 children. I have grown up in a family of one all my life and have always wanted my future children to have the joys of having a sibling to grow up with. I have my heart set on the fact knowing we will have two little ones running around here. I will hate to think that dream might not come true now. It seems that having t give up on dreams of having a natural child was hard enough to handle and now this! I just don't know if I will have the strenght to go through another loss.

2 comments:

Cath said...

Hi Kelly and TJ
Jamey and I had the same fears before we went to Kaz, then had it happen and we came home with one child. Oksana is amazing and we are thankful everyday for her. We both wonder what will happen in future as we also would like more children and siblings for Oksana. I know how hard it is to have a dream and want something so badly it aches to think it might not happen, even now we feel as though someone is missing but somehow, God willing, there will be another child for us. I hope all works out for you both and that there are two beautiful siblings out there waiting for you because you will both be amazing parents. If you come home with one or two children you will be blessed. We are praying and thinking of you!

The Wishart Family

Calico Sky said...

Kelly
I found you via the adoptethiopia group. I'm a Cdn whose been living abroad now returning home to start the adoption process, and I'm hoping to adopt from Ethiopia. I too want to adopt siblings. I can really understand this post because I too am an only child and I'm sure that is one of the main factors. I don't want to ever worry that my child will be an only and with things the way they are in international adoption I guess I want some guarantee that my child won't be an only - hense adopting siblings. If I was American I'd probably be more like to accept a single referral as they can do two concurrent adoptions or begin the process again quickly, in Canada our process is much longer/slower. Don't get me wrong I know there are good reasons for that, I guess what I'm saying is I just wouldn't want country changes etc to mean my child was an only.
Best wishes with your adoption!

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers