Ads 468x60px

Dec 5, 2011

My Baby Boy Turns 1 today...

I wish that I was in China to celebrate my son's first birthday. I know that I'm leaving in 32 days to go get him and that's exciting for us. It's just that it hit me...we missed so much this past year with him. I know we will have many years a head of us as a family and knowing that fills my heart with joy. It's just that this day is a very special one.... as his mom I wish I could be there to celebrate with him. It's just going to be a hard day. I do want to wish him a very Happy Birthday, and we love you very much.

I did send a care package today for his birthday in hopes they take lots of pictures of him for us. Maybe will get some of them soon.

7 comments:

Connie said...

It's hard to miss those milestones. I remember how very thankful I was to have our son home for his first birthday. I found it so hard when he turned 6 months and he wasn't home with us yet (we had him home by 8 months), and I thought of those parents missing their baby's first birthdays and how much harder that must be. Thinking of you today.

Cath said...

Happy Birthday Reagh!!! We're all thinking pf you and can't
Wait for you to be safe at home! Kelly and T.J, I'm sorry. :( I can't imagine what it's like... I also can't wait until you're there with him in your arms. We're counting days for you!!

Carolyn said...

Kelly- I know what it is like to miss a birthday- we missed Leul's first and second birthday and it was hard. BUT- you will have the biggest part ever when he celebrates his first birthday at home with his forever family!!

Hugs to you today.

Carolyn

Jill, Trevor, Kohl, Aliah said...

Happy Birthday Reagh. The gift you are all about to receive is going to be a VERY special one. Soon you will be a FOREVER FAMILY!

Thinking of you on this day as it is not easy to be a Mom away from her child on his Birthday. I wish you many years of happier ones in the future.

Jill

The Mannings said...

Happy Birthday R!!! Totally forgot that our guys are one week (exactly) apart! I know EXACTLY how you are feeling today... next year will be the party to end all parties! Hope you are having a good day.

Jill :) said...

Beautiful!!! so so happy for you mama Kell! You're going to be an amazing mother! xoxoxox

J Brant said...

I share your son's birthday... Dec 5th. I just started to follow your blog tonight, from Carolyn Clow. We traveled to China for our daughter Tya last Christmas. Wishing you an amazing journey.

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers