Ads 468x60px

Jan 2, 2010

It's finally 2010 and I'm still sad....

I wanted to start this year off right and keep positive....but I broke my own New Year resolution already. As I looking through everyone’s Christmas photos all I see are happy faces...happy faces of families. I wonder if this will ever happen for me. I want to be posting my pictures of our family opening up gifts by the tree. Each holiday is getting harder and harder as the months pass by. I know this time next year I'll still be wishing the same dream as of today....a family of our own.

I'm scared that we will find out this month that our wait will be years away instead of months. It scares me to think that I will have many more days like this one ahead of me. I wonder how I will find the strength to get through it...again.

2 comments:

Derrick, Alysia, and Levi said...

I'm so sorry you are feeling down. I have had some feelings in this direction lately as well. Wondering if it will ever happen for us. But I really enjoy looking at pictures of kids who have come home, of happy families, because even though it is hard, it gives me hope that someday it will happen for the rest of us as well. I hope you find that you are not as far down the list as you think, and that this is the year of your referral. Without us on that list anymore, you are at least one family closer!

Sarah Rodgerson said...

My thoughts and prayers are with you. I know all to well the feeling of seeing pictures of everyone else's families at Christmas time and not understanding why it has to be like that. I know that one day you will have photos of your own to share, just keep having faith!!

 

Our Timeline

First Adoption

Started the process in Jan/11
Home study approval Mar/11
DTC May 16. 2011
LID June 1, 2011
Referral July 26, 2011
Sent letter of Intent July 28, 2011
PA Aug 4 , 2011
LOA 119 Days....Nov 28, 2011
TA Dec 20, 2011
January we're Parents!

Second Adoption

Started Process Feb/13
Provincial Approval April 26/13

Total Pageviews

Followers